Shortcuts For Adding Styles
Editing All Styles In A Style Group At Once
If you are already at the page with the "Click Here To Edit Style Parameters Under [Style Group Name]" link, skip to
Step 4. Otherwise, begin at Step 1.
- Click "Edit Styles" in the Black menu.
- Click "Click Here To Add/Edit Style Groups" on the top of the page.
- Click the ID of the Group you wish to edit Styles under.
- Click the "Click Here To Edit Style Parameters Under [Style Group Name]" link at the top of the page.
At this point you have 2 options for editing the Styles.
PLEASE read the important notes at the top of that page.
- Work off of the beige table.
- Change any values you like and click the Update button in the beige table.
- You may also delete Styles from the Group here by checking the Delete checkbox next to any Style you wish
to delete and clicking the Delete button.
- Work off of the Text fields below the beige table.This is a pretty neat way if you have to
perform changes to several Style Groups that are identical or close to identical.
- Copy the values from any or all of the 5 fields. You may do this after changing the values in
the Top table and clicking Update if you like. Depending upon the browser you are using, and the number of styles, you may
have to scroll sideways to see all the values in some of the fields. To be certain you get them all, you should click in
the field and choose Select All from your Edit menu.
- Paste the values into a text document like Notepad or Wordpad. You should probably turn Word Wrap off. All the values will be in a single line.
- Change and values you like, then copy and paste the line into the appropriate Text field for any other Style Groups you wish to apply these values to.
- It is very important that there not be any spaces before or after the commas that separate the values and that the entire field be on a single line.
If it wraps to the width of the Text field when you paste it in, that is fine, as long as there are no hard line breaks in the field.
- To help speed up the update, it is best to remove completely the values from any Text field where no values are being changed.
For instance, if you are only changing the prices, click in each of the Style ID List, Style Name List, Weight List and Show List,
Select All and hit your Delete key (not the Delete button on the page). As long as a field is empty, it will not try to
update those values in the Group.
- When are your fields are ready, click the Update button BELOW the 5 fields. NOT the one in the beige table.