I wanted to let you know how happy we are with our new QuickBooks program. We couldn't be more pleased.
As you know we have used other software for order processing and database
management, but had never seen one source that has the versatility of yours.
This is one of those rare occasions where the product (and service) has exceeded
The transition was smooth and occurred (much to our surprise) without a
hitch. Support was excellent and the quick response to the natural hiccups
that occur when making these major changes was quick, effective and much
We've already saved countless hours of tedium, but equally as important, the
accuracy we now achieve with the order processing and inventory control
alone, makes your program well worth the effort.
Again, thanks for all your help.
Sport Kilt, Inc.
The cf_ezcart shopping cart application ships with a suite of XML web services
which allow data exchange between QuickBooks Accounting Software and the cf_ezcart store database with a
minimum of fuss. Each web service within the suite was developed using the QuickBooks Software Development Kit, the
method officially supported by Intuit. No IIF files to import. Services are invoked using Intuit's own QuickBooks Web Connector software. Simply launch
the Web Connector (alone or from within QuickBooks) and run the service you choose. Services may be run manually or
automatically at specified intervals, while your QuickBooks company file is open or closed. Running a service with
the company file closed will affect performance.
Additionally, our Web Service "shell" has been designed to make it simple to add new services if you have other data
that must be shared or moved between your web site and QuickBooks. We'll be happy to discuss your custom programming needs.
Each web service includes it's own Support Page, a click away from the Web Connector if an error is reported. Sessions are logged by Time, Status, Last Error and Number of Requests.
Each request within a session is also logged. If an error occurs, the last request sent by the service and the last request received from
QuickBooks may be reviewed on the support page.
Support/Log Page Screenshots and Features
- Web Services support and logging - Each individual service has it's own
support and log page. Within each Support Page is a Service Tools link. Here you may generally address the
problems reported in the logs, and perform other service specific tasks. Other functions of the support page include:
All requests are purged by default at the end of each session for security. Requests may be kept during
debugging and setup, as shown in the screenshot.
- Authenticate the next session manually to see the requests that will be created before running the Web Connector.
- Create the next actual request manually to see what will be sent to the Web Connector.
- View the previous inbound and outbound requests, in either Raw XML or with ColdFusion's CFDUMP for a more structured view.
- Re-submit the previous inbound request rather than calling the web connector to create the request again. Great for debugging errors!
- Copy and paste outbound requests into the qbXML Validator program if a request is rejected by QuickBooks. Also great for debugging!
- View ColdFusion errors that interrupt the service.
- Each individual request and result is logged - You may even watch the progress by refreshing the logs page
during a session.
- Preferences - Extensive configuration choices.
- QWC file download "wizard" - The QWC file must be downloaded to your computer and launched while the QuickBooks file you wish to associate with the service is open.
- Debugging options - Save all or particular types of incoming and outgoing XML requests to file. CFFILE must be enabled. Or place in Debug mode to step
through each cycle one at a time so you may review each incoming and outgoing request and the result.
- QuickBooks Web Connector - The Web Connector is launched when you click Exchange Data with Web Services
in the QuickBooks File menu or when you double-click on a QWC file.
Import Orders Web Service
This is the "base" service and must be installed to use the other services. Our Import Orders
service is as simple or as complex as you need it to be.
At this time cf_ezcart
cannot be used to process transactions in real time using QuickBooks Merchant Services. We are compatible with many other gateways.
- Import Sales Receipts, Invoices or Sales Orders.
- Import all orders immediately or only after they have been paid/approved.
- Add Receipt of Payments to Invoices, including Invoices created from Sales Orders, that were not yet paid when imported,
but that have since been paid online. You must use the Update Order Status service to track
Invoices created from Sales Orders.
- Add new customers during order import or use a single customer within QuickBooks.
- Modify existing customer information during order import.
- Add new products during order import or use a single product within QuickBooks.
- New products are added as Inventory Items or Service Items. If you sell both Inventory and Services, this may be based on weight (Service Items having 0 weight).
- Modify existing product information (price, description) during order import.
- Four Import Modes:
- Orders & Related Data will import new Orders along with the Customers and Products (based on your settings) related to those orders only.
- Products Only will import all new Products and Product updates, according to your Product settings. Orders are skipped.
- New Customers Only will import all new Customers. Orders are skipped.
- Products & Customers will perform both of the previous tasks. Orders are skipped.
- Update the web store's In Stock amount for each product contained in an order during order import.
- Add sales tax to transactions as "fixed amount" Line Items or as Tax Items using the Tax Rate. Taxes must be synchronized to use the latter method,
unless you will be adding takes from within QuickBooks, in which case the tax rates must be correct within QuickBooks.
- Complex Sales Tax support. QuickBooks Tax Groups are created on the fly, and only as needed, as orders are imported.
The Sales Tax Synchronization service must be used to create a "Mapping" between each QuickBooks Sales Tax Item and
each cf_ezcart Sales Tax Area. See the Sales Tax Synchronization service for more.
Update Order Status Web Service
At it's most basic, the Update Order Status service may be used to notify customers that their order has shipped,
or that their check was received and their order is approved.
This service also allows for manipulation of the original order in cf_ezcart, including adding new line items
(yes, you may even add products to the order), changing line item quantities, changing line item prices,
changing/adding shipping costs and changing/adding sales tax. Possible uses for this service include:
- Sales Order processing. If you prefer to take orders in as Sales Order, then create the Invoice from the Sales Order, this service will
find the Invoice after you create it and apply the Receipt of Payment to it automatically when the order is approved.
- Deferred Payment processing. An order may be marked "payment deferred" in cf_ezcart. For example if there must be
interaction between yourself and the customer to complete an order, or you cannot calculate the shipping cost of an
order for some reason, an order may be marked payment deferred. When the order is final,
run this service to update totals and notify the customer.
- Notify customers when an Invoice is marked Paid within QuickBooks or when a Sales Receipt is marked Final within QuickBooks.
When a Paid/Final order is found, also mark the order as approved in cf_ezcart.
This is handy if you take checks or run credit card transactions locally. Orders are not required to be marked Approved
in cf_ezcart unless the order contains items that are downloaded.
- Notify customers when their order has shipped. If you include a tracking number, add it to the web site's Order Status page, along with the ship date.
Include a link to the carrier's tracking page in the email.
If using UPS Online® Tools with cf_ezcart, customers may track their shipments directly at your web site.
Here is a typical scenario for this service.
- Import orders using the Import Orders service.
- If you imported Sales Orders, create Invoices from these Sales Orders (one invoice per sales order, either entire or selected items).
- Add items, adjust existing quantities, add and/or adjust shipping and/or sales tax.
- Click the Web Connector once more. The online copies of each order you completed will be adjusted to match the changes in QuickBooks,
and each customer will be emailed with a link to their past orders page.
- When the customer visits the past orders page, there will be a Make Payment button. There will be an Approve Final Total button instead if you captured their credit card to run locally.
- Each time the Import Orders Service runs, outstanding online orders will be checked to see if a payment has been received. When a payment is found,
a Receipt of Payment is added to the appropriate Invoice in QuickBooks, or if you are using Sales Receipts, the Support Page will contain a list of all
Pending Sales Receipts that have been paid.
- When the order has been processed for shipping, change the Ship Date in QuickBooks to the current date. Paste the tracking number (if you have one) into the shipping line, and click
the Web Connector for the third time. Customers will be notified with a link to their order review page and tracking page.
Inventory Management Web Service
Would you prefer to manage your inventory within QuickBooks rather than through a web interface? One click of the Web Connector
Inventory Management Service will perform any or all of the following tasks.
- Export all products to cf_ezcart that have been added to QuickBooks since the previous export.
- Add item shipping weights using QuickBooks Custom Fields*.
- Categorize your products online using QuickBooks Custom Fields*.
- Specify brand, manufacturer, etc. using QuickBooks Custom Fields*.
- Export all product changes that have been made to any QuickBooks Item since the previous export.
- Export the Quantity On Hand for any item that has been Sold or Received in QuickBooks since the previous inventory check. Recent orders (you decide between Sales Receipts, Invoices, Sales Orders or any combination thereof), Item Receipts,
Bills and Inventory Adjustments are checked for Inventory Items. Only the items found are then queried for their Quantity On Hand, eliminating
the need to check your entire inventory with each update.
*QuickBooks comes with 5 Custom Fields available. If you already are using QuickBooks, please check that you have an adequate number of Custom Fields
available if considering a purchase based on these features.
Our Inventory Management Service is in it's infancy and works only with simple products at this time. But there will be much more to come. We are working on a version of cf_ezcart and the Inventory Management Service
that in conjunction will allow for complex item creation and handling within QuickBooks, including the ability to create Product Groups automatically. Product Groups are available as of cf_ezcart 9.6.5 and consist
of a Master Product, which will be used to make the selection of all single items within the group. This will allow for items with Color AND Size choices (for example)
to be shown as a single item with Color and Size menus, and also allow us to track the QOH and control availablility on individual items with in the group.
Synchronize Sales Tax Web Service
Much more than the name implies, the bulk of this service's feature set in the Service Tools of the Support Page itself.
if you know you should be paying local taxes in a state but haven't because of the administration nightmares, cf_ezcart along with the Synchronize Sales Tax
web service may be the tool for you.
- Compatible with the tax data file supplied by Tax Data Systems, Inc..
If you purchase cf_ezcart, with or without the Accounting Assistant, we will provide you with a promotional code good for 10% off their products.
We can also accomodate most delimited data files which are grouped by zip code. Send us a small sample (just a few lines) of your file and we'll tell you if it is compatible.
- Using a data file, import tax rates for one or more states into cf_ezcart through the Service Tools. You may also manually add and edit tax areas and rates in cf_ezcart through the Service Tools.
- You may selectively select which counties and/or cities are taxable within a state if you wish to use a data file for a state but do
not tax to every area in the state. This may be done once, with additional cities or counties being added as required. This is done through the Service Tools.
- Automatically create Tax Mappings for any state and every unique taxable county and/or city within the state. If your Sales Tax Items already exist in QuickBooks, you may
add the Tax Mappings manually. Done through the Service Tools. We cannot yet create tax mappings automatically if your tax items
already exist in QuickBooks. We can only create tax mappings if we are adding the tax items to QuickBooks through this service.
- Automatically add a Sales Tax Item to QuickBooks for every cf_ezcart tax mapping for which no Sales Tax Item
exists in QuickBooks. The good State of Texas was used for testing. We were able to add 1,091 taxable counties
and cities to QuickBooks, in a single session, in just over 90 minutes. Testing was performed over a standard RoadRunner DSL
connection from a desktop computer located in Florida running QuickBooks Premier 2005, and the web service on a web
server in Arizona.
- Synchronize Sales Tax rates in either direction. Update in QuickBooks and export to cf_ezcart, or update in cf_ezcart
and import to QuickBooks. This is done using the Web Connector.
- Although we create a Sales Tax Item in QuickBooks for each taxable location, regardless of whether an order will ever
be placed from that location, if using complex taxes, we add Sales Tax Groups to QuickBooks "on the fly", only as needed.
- cf_ezcart 9.6.4 or later
- ColdFusion MX 7
- SQL Server 7, SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005 OR...
- mySQL version that supports Transactions and Sub-selects.
cf_ezcart Accounting Assistant is designed for use with the following QuickBooks® software.
- QuickBooks Pro 2004 or later
- QuickBooks Premier 2004 or later
- QuickBooks Enterprise Edition 2004 or later
Get up to 20% off QuickBooks Products + Free Shipping
QuickBooks Integration FAQs
UPS® is a registered trademark of United Parcel Service of America, Inc.
QuickBooks® is a registered trademark and service mark of Intuit Inc. in the United States.
Tropical Web Creations, Inc. is a member of the Intuit Developer's Network.